From: Pid <p...@pidster.com>
To: Tomcat Users List <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Mon, May 10, 2010 11:31 pm
Subject: Re: Running PHP 5.2.X on Tomcat 5.5?

On 10/05/2010 21:11, Gregers Blach wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for instructions on how to get a Tomcat 5.5 to run PHP
5.2.X. The reason is that it would be very helpful to run PHPMyAdmin
better support underlying MySQL 5.0.X databases.

Some specs on my test system:

- Running on Windows 7 x64 (poduction system is WinServer 2003,
eventually WinServer 2008)
- Tomcat 5.5
- MySQL 5.0.X
- PHP 5.2.X
- PHPMyAdmin 3.3.X

I have succesfully installed the Tomcat and can log in to
http://localhost:8080 as expected.

I do not know how to configure Tomcat to run PHP, and the sparse
instructions I can find on the web all seem to be rather "old":

http://www.softminer.net/2009/05/how-to-install-or-run-php-on-tomcat-6.html

http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/running-php-5x-on-windows-using-tomcat-4x-or-5x/

For instance, what puzzles me, is that the newest PECL package
(http://museum.php.net/php5/pecl-5.2.6-Win32.zip) does not contain the
file php5servlet.dll, nor the file php_java.dll??

Any hints would be highly appreciated! :o)

Is there a particular reason to use Tomcat instead of HTTPD?

Regards,

Greg