Tomcat Version: apache-tomcat-6.0.26

JDK: jdk1.6.0_19

OS: Windows XP Service Pack 2

I am using the <page-error> element in my web.xml with the <exception-type>
element which contains a subclass of RuntimeException.

When I subclass RuntimeException the <location> element which specifies my
error-page to land on in the event that exception is raised is not displayed.

web.xml snippet:

    <error-page>

<exception-type>org.lds.lua.directory.exception.LuaSecurityException</exception-type>
        <location>/error.html</location>
    </error-page>

Where LuaSecurityException extends RuntimeException

When my JAX-RS method throws the LuaSecurityException the error.html is NOT
displayed.

However, if I change the above configuration to:

    <error-page>

<exception-type>java.lang.RuntimeException</exception-type>

        <location>/error.html</location>

    </error-page>

and have my class throw a RuntimeException then the error.html page is
displayed.

Finally if I change the web.xml to:

    <error-page>

<exception-type>java.lang.Exception</exception-type>

        <location>/error.html</location>

    </error-page>

and my jax-rs class throws a LuaSecurityException extends RuntimeException then
my error.html is displayed.

What I would like to do is:
    <error-page>

<exception-type>org.lds.lua.directory.exception.LuaSecurityException</exception-type>

        <location>/error.html</location>

    </error-page>

That way I can create various RuntimeException subclasses which are appropriate
for my application and handle them with specific error pages.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you need more information please let me know.

Bryan

inbox.