Hello guys,

I have some trouble in getting c3p0 ComboPooledDataSource working in Tomcat
6.0.26.

I have the following config in my server.xml:

<GlobalNamingResources>

    <!-- Editable user database that can also be used by
         UserDatabaseRealm to authenticate users -->

    <Resource name="jdbc/servicesds" auth="Container"
                maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000"
                username="****r" password="****"
driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"
                url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@//****:1521/development"
                type="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource"
                factory="com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DataSources"
                minPoolSize="50"
                maxPoolSize="150"
                timeout="250"
                maxStatements="100"
                acquireRetryAttempts="4"
                acquireIncrement="1"
    />
</GlobalNamingResources>

During startup of the server things already go wrong.
In the http://localhost:8080/manager/resources I get an error.

the error is :
FAIL - Encountered exception javax.naming.NamingException: Could not create
resource factory instance
[Root exception is java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
org.apache.naming.factory.ResourceFactory
can not access a member of class com.mchange.v2.c3p0.DataSources with modifiers
"private"]

Any ideas?

Regards
Alexander

the property of the Capgemini Group. It is
intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are not authorized to
read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any
part thereof. If you receive this message
in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this
message.