> From: Ozgur Ozdemircili [mailto:ozgur.ozdemirc...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat Jconsole
>
> Im trying to connect to my tomcat server using Jconsole. I do get
> "Connection Failed"

What version of Tomcat?  What JVM?

> I have the following parameters in my tomcat startup.sh

You shouldn't be modifying startup.sh; create a setenv.sh script to contain
environment variable manipulations.

> export CATALINA_OPTS="-XX:MaxPermSize=512m -Xms512m -Xmx2048m -server"
>  set CATALINA_OPTS="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote \
>     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8999 \
>     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false \
>     -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false"

The above looks very broken: you've wiped out the heap size and -server
settings.

> I can connect locally by openig vnc conneccion yet when I try from my
> workstation it does not connect.

JMX requires use of additional ports that are normally dynamically allocated;
likely that your firewall is blocking them.  If you're running on a current
version of Tomcat, look here to get around the problem:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/listeners.html

See the section describing the JMX Remote Lifecycle Listener.

> When I start tomcat I do not see 8999 open.

Using what to see?

> I see the following error on my catalina out:
>
> java org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina [ -config {pathname} ]
> [ -nonaming ]  { -help | start | stop }

Why do you think that's an error?

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.