I have a Java web app whereby we have been using the JCIFS open source
authentication package that uses NTLMv1 over the past 5 years and it's been
working great.  However, some of our users are now using Windows 7 that does
not accept NTLMv1 authentication and now I'm looking at IIS in order to
authenticate our users.  I used the Apache Tomcat Connector and got that setup
however, I am having issues in retrieving the authentication property for the
USERID of the client making the request which I understood IIS provides.  On
the Apache Tomcat Connector documentation it only states how to setup the IIS
Tomcat integration which is working great but it does NOT provide the
information, from a Java perspective, on how to retrieve from the request the
userid info. I have tried the HttpServletRequest object but when I use the
getRemoteUser() method I get a NULL value.  I realize I must be doing something
wrong but I have no idea what.
If anyone has accomplished this or can provide information on this it would be
greatly appreciated.  I've posted on a number of Tomcat forums but cannot get a
response to this issue.  Any help/direction, again, would be appreciated.
I forgot to mention that I am using my local Windows XP Pro box with IIS v5.1
in the event that info is needed to answer my question.
Thanks so much.

Melinda Savoy
Sr. Programmer Analyst, ERP Systems
Innovative Technology Solutions
Texas Health Resources
600 E. Lamar Blvd, Ste 301, Arlington TX  76011
melindasa...@texashealth.org<mailto:melindasa...@texashealth.org>

Texas Health Resources: Arlington Memorial,
Harris Methodist and Presbyterian Hospitals
A shared mission and now a shared name.

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.