Ranier,

Thank you so much for your response.  I will am out of town until Monday but I
will try it then.

Again, many thanks.  Regards.
From: Rainer Jung [rainer.j...@kippdata.de]
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 15:55
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Question on workers.properties file

Hi André, Melinda and everyone else,

On 20.05.2010 14:31, André Warnier wrote:
> savoym wrote:
> I Rainer Jung is around, he may tell us if my assumptions are correct,
> that IIS+redirector also sends the IIS user-id to Tomcat, if there is any.
>
> If not, then tonight I might be able to send you a servlet filter to
> dump the HTTP headers of the requests sent by IIS to Tomcat, to see if
> there is a user-id in there somewhere. Unless you have already checked
> that ?

I checked before my original reply and it seems the IIS variable
"AUTH_USER" is automatically forwarded by the isapi plugin. When setting
tomcatAuthentication="false" on the AJP connector (!), the value can be
retrieved by the getRemoteUser() method.

I would set the log level of the redirector to "trace" on an idle test
environment and then do a single request there that is expected to be
authenticated. The log lines in the redirector log should tell us, what
is actually being forwarded (lots of log lines, but lots of info too).

Regards,

Rainer

The information contained in this message and any attachments is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may
contain information that is PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, and exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are prohibited from copying, distributing, or using the information.  Please
contact the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete the original message
from your system.