> From: Christian Adelbrecht [mailto:christian.adelbre...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Connecting openBD via Tomcat to Apache2
>
> In some newsgroups I read, that tomcat is slower than apache

Hasn't been true for several years.  You should seriously consider simplifying
your life by eliminating httpd (and installing a current Tomcat from
tomcat.apache.org).

> my new server.xml
>  <Host name="www.testdomain.org"
>  appBase="webapps"
> unpackWARs="true"
> autoDeploy="true"
> xmlValidation="false"
>  xmlNamespaceAware="false">
> </Host>

Did you change the defaultHost attribute of the <Engine> to point to the above,
or do you have another <Host> entry?  If you have multiple <Host> entries, keep
the appBase settings separate.

> and my new context.xml.default in the tomcat conf hostname folder:

That's wrong - get rid of it.  Your <Context> element should be located in
conf/Catalina/www.testdomain.org/ROOT.xml.

The above is clearly wrong, since it's got an http: thingie buried inside it.

Is that correct?  Or should it be "/var/www/www.testdomain.org/htdocs/ROOT"?

> Better?

Not a whole lot.  If you'd just follow Pid's instructions, it would be.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.