> From: DOrlov [mailto:dor...@redaril.com]
> Subject: TomCat vavel lg
>
> I'm using a TomCat vavel appender

It's Tomcat, not TomCat.  Which version?

Presumably, for "vavel", you mean valve; which one?

> I'm using %D parameter for log string to measure the time

The %D parameter just causes the time to be displayed; assuming you're
referring to the AccessLogValve, the elapsed time is always being measured when
that valve is enabled.

> is it a time which server spends for request process

It's the time between when the valve is invoked and when the next valve in
sequence returns.  The AccessLogValve is called fairly early on, so it will
measure all of the request processing, other than the URI and header parsing,
and disposition of the connection (closure may not occur, since keep-alive
might be in effect).  The measurement may or may not include transmission of
some or all of the response, depending on the logic of the webapp.

- Chuck

attachments from all computers.