On 31/05/2010 11:40, Petr Hracek wrote:
> Dear users,
>
> I would like to ask you on the some thing which regards to the application
> deployment and
> neccessary restart of tomcat5.

Tomcat 5?  That's pretty old, and not supported any more.

> When I am some servlet which are run under tomcat and I have build up the
> new jar files for my application
> is it enought to copy this file to my location without neccessary restart of
> tomcat?

Depends on your configuration.  Which you haven't posted.

> Is there any "gracefull" restart of tomcat like in apache2?
>
> Is there any mechanishm how to update servlets when tomcat is already
> running
> so that tomcat 5 will not be restarted and new servlets will be loaded?

You can update/replace the war file.  This may trigger an application
restart, depending on your configuration.

The manager application can also be used to update and restart web
applications.