Thanks for sharing this info.

I was considering 1.3 version for better management - purging log files
before certain date, log4j 1.3 provides max. backup index option with
DailyRollingFileAppender. I am also looking at logrotate and cronolog for
this, but not sure if I could use it in conjunction with
DailyRollingFileAppender. Any thoughts?

--
jM.