Hello all,

We're trying to get a combination of Apache (webserver), Tomcat and mod_jk to
work flawlessly with NTLM authentication.

We're using mod_jk to loadbalance two Tomcat / LifeRay installations. We're
using the latest versions of Apache 2.2, Tomcat 6 and mod_jk.

Our setup works fine on FireFox, but on IE this gives some troubles. When I
bypass mod_jk by connecting directly to a Tomcat node, it all works fine in IE
too. The problem appears on IE 6, 7 and 8.

The problem:
- I surf to http://portal
- IE recognizes the site as trusted / in the intranet zone
- I click the sign in link and get redirected to http://portal/c/portal/login;
IE now thinks I'm in the _internet_zone_ (thus NTLM auth doesn't work)
- From the Apache logs, I find that a 401 error occurred

My guess would be that IE detects the redirect and concludes the wrong zone.

Is there any way to configure this from the server side?

Best, Robin