> From: Kim Johansen [mailto:kim.johan...@webdealhosting.com]
> Subject: Not able to set up authentication
>
> I'm trying to set up authentication in tomcat for the application solr.

Exact Tomcat version?

> <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
> <tomcat-users>
>   <role rolename="ezkimjohanrole"/>
>   <user username="ezkimjohan" password="<password>"
> roles="ezkimjohanrole"/>
> </tomcat-users>

Give us the entire tomcat-users.xml so we can see if you left in the comment
markers (as many people do).

> web.xml

Where is your web.xml located?  How is your webapp deployed?

>       <url-pattern>/solr/ezkimjohan/*</url-pattern>
>       <url-pattern>/solr/ezkimjohan/admin/*</url-pattern>

Assuming the solr webapp is deployed properly, you must remove "/solr" from the
above.  The pattern is relative to the webapp, not the server.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.