I have setup an https instance of Tomcat and I am trying to allow only
specific users access.

In the current configuration, anyone who is in LDAP can get in.

Here is the current configuration in the server.xml

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
             connectionName=<connection name>
             connectionURL="ldap://ldap.domain.com:<port>"
             roleSearch="memberUid={0}"
             allRolesMode="authOnly"
             userPattern="uid={0},ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com"
       />

So I tried using userSearch=(user{1}) to allow only user1 in but that did
not limit access. I tried {1} since the docs mention that is to search for a
specific username.

Anyone know how I need to edit this to allow only a list of specific users
in?  I will define them in this file.

Thanks,
Mark