On 08/06/2010 15:03, kitikat wrote:

> Hello,
> I have been searching a solution for my problem and I haven't found an
> answer, so I decided to write here. I have a system, consisting of J2EE
> (Spring) server-side LifeCycle Data Services for my Adobe Flex client
> application. Synchronization of files plays a major role in that system - I
> repeatedly call in flex one remote method from my Spring services
> (downloadPhoto) and that method returns the content of requested file - from
> 10 to 1000 KB.
> Unfortunately, from time to time, the whole process is broken during
> downloading one of the photos. It happens to different photos; they have
> different size, etc. After successful sending request for a photo there is
> 20 seconds' long period of time, and then Tomcat returns http code: 0 (I've
> used Charles 3.5.1 to analyse http request/response - request is ok). I

Chuck is *software*!?

It sounds like a timeout, rather than an empty response.
Please remove all comments and any passwords from your server.xml and
post it here.

> don't have any other information about response. I've checked that this
> situation occurs _before_ my java method code is executed. So it happens
> between accepting my request and calling my code. Server's performance (it's
> VPS) is rather good (there's 50 MB memory free and a lot of cached; there's
> plenty of hard disk space and top/load don't reveal any CPU strain). Of

50Mb free isn't a meaningful number.  More useful to know how much
memory the JVM is currently using and what it's heap is configured to use.

> course there is no trace of any bugs in logs (catalina.out and others). I
> suppose that it might be a bug in Tomcat, but maybe some of you have
> experienced similar problems?

If you think it's a bug in Tomcat, you could try using the latest
release instead of an older one.