mamalacation wrote:

Pid * wrote:

Why not just fix the URLs?

I am not sure what you mean by saying "fix the URLs", but in the meantime I
found out how to set the option org.apache.catalina.connector.
CoyoteAdapter.ALLOW_BACKSLASH=true in conf/catalina.properties, so now it
almost works! It starts downloading the file, but the filename to be saved
is path\to\file.ext  instead of file.ext.

Does anybody know how this can be fixed?

No. But before you find a "solution" and create a big security issue, I suggest that from now on you check this with different browsers, and particularly different IE versions.

I think that the "fix" you found is really a kludge, in that it kind of works by making some pieces of software believe that this is an acceptable file name, while other pieces may see this as a file path.
But it seems *really* dangerous to me.

As pid indicated, you should fix the problem, not the symptom.
Or you will end up sorry, I am quite certain.

Fixing the URLs in this case means to replace the %5C's (escaped \) by escaped "/" characters, before you send the links to the browser.