On 15.06.2010 16:13, Tobias Crefeld wrote:
Am Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:04:01 +0200
schrieb André Warnier<a...@ice-sa.com>:

In other words, it appears to receive the URI "/mir/search.jsp", try
to map it to a worker, succeed, but then forwarding the request to
Tomcat as "/jsp/search.jsp" anyway (which was the original URL, not
the rewritten one). This "/jsp/search.jsp" is indeed not found by
Tomcat (because in Tomcat it is "/mir/search.jsp"), and I receive in
return a 404 error page from Tomcat.

I'm not quite sure whether I have understood your problem but maybe
this additional setting (after JkMount) helps:

   JkOptions     +ForwardURIProxy

Right, the Forward* JkOptions are the key here. There have been various attempts during the lifetime of mod_jk to try getting this right, so there are various possible options. Finally because of security problems, ForwardURIProxy was introduced in 1.2.24 and made the new default.

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html#Forwarding

explains the options and also the limitations with respect to mod_rewrite. There's also a short note at

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/proxy.html#URL%20Encoding

It is possible, that you have explicitely configure ForwardURICompatUnparsed, i.e. please forward the original URI without any interpretation, decoding etc. Since decoding cannot be undone, this means any rewriting by mod_rewrite is not respected. This option was only default at the exact version 1.2.23 but it existed as an option in 1.2.18.

Regards,

Rainer