Hassan Schroeder wrote:
On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Mishra, Pabitrakumar (GE Capital,
consultant) <pabitrakumar.mis...@ge.com> wrote:

So, we are basically looking for any such steps/methods where we can
upgrade to 5.5.27 without a new installation as we have the webapps
already deployed in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps folder.

There isn't one. Just install the new version in its own directory.

And to eliminate this question/concern once and for all, put your
webapps directory(s) somewhere outside of any specific software
version's installation. Then you only ever have to configure the
appBase(s) of a new install and change $CATALINA_HOME.

Apart from this we also have requirement to upgrade apache to 2.2.15
from 2.0.58/2.0.54, not sure where from I can get the exact steps.

Same deal. Build, install, configure.

That way you can always run the old version while getting the new
one's configuration fine-tuned (since you can't simply copy over the
old config files).

Of course, all of the above is in the case you/someone installed Apache and Tomcat /not/ using the standard Solaris package management system.
Maybe better check with a sysadmin first ?