From: André Warnier <a...@ice-sa.com>
Subject: Re: adding hosts to server.xml
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Date: Wednesday, June 16, 2010, 3:46 PM

j...@rogers.com wrote:
> i have configured iis7 to work in front of tomcat6 with the isapi redirector.
> Now, i can see a servlet("my-servlet") i've made under
> http://localhost/my-servlet. How do i get it to work for my own
> domain("www.mywebsite.com"), ie. www.mywebsite.com/my-servlet ? I've read the
> docs and tried adding a new host parameter for tomcat's server.xml file, and
> have tinkered around with workers.properties and uriworkermap.properties
> files with no luck.
>
> I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about doing this?
>
> Simply, i have http://localhost/<my-servlet> working, how do i get
>  www.mywebsite.com/<my-servlet> to work as well?

In all likelihood, your problem is due to Name Resolution, not to Tomcat.
was working with http://localhost/my-servlet).
On the workstation where you call up the browser, find the "hosts" file
(normally in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc), edit it with notepad and add a
line :
w.x.y.z www.mywebsite.com
where w.x.y.z is the IP address of the IIS server machine.
(If all of this is on the same machine, then use 127.0.0.1 for this IP address)

Close the browser, re-open it, and try http://www.mywebsite.com/my-servlet