On 17.06.2010 05:35, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Marco Castillo [mailto:mabcasti...@vdkit.net]
Subject: Tomcat unexpected shutdown on Solaris

I have checked all the logs and there is no exception displayed,
no error, nothing. I look for an error file from java, but there
is no one. It happens randomly. Sometimes the Tomcat works for
large periods of time, sometimes it shutdowns 5 minutes after it
has been started. Does somebody has any idea?

Likely one of your webapps (possibly a 3rd-party library) is calling
System.exit() - very anti-social behavior.  You can use a security manager to
prevent it and catch the culprit.

... or you are starting Tomcat with an interactive shell, and the shell is one of those which sends a signal (SIGHUP or similar) to all child processes when you logout (or get logged out by some idleness condition or similar). See "man nohup".

Regards,

Rainer