Tomcat 6.0
Windows XP

Installed tomcat, everything looks fine, I can run the manager application

Then I try to deploy a war file that is a spring based sample application.

Getting an exception about an invalid character in my hostname.
My computer name does in fact have an underscore in it.

Did some poking around to try to find a way around this, not clear on what
to do.

Am I better off just changing my computer name to something with no
underscore?
Is there a tomcat configuration where I can change it to my IP or localhost?
I searched for my computer name in the conf directory and did not see
anywhere it was used.
Why did the manager application not complain about the same issue? Only the
spring application.

Thanks for any nudge (or shove) in the right direction.