On 29/06/2010 05:38, vinay basavanal wrote:
> Ya sorry for that
>  Tomcat version is 6.0.16
> and am attaching the server.xml file

We don't usually ask you to /attach/ files because the mailing list
sometimes strips attachments, and because various mail archives don't
store them.

One of the advantages of a public mail archive is that other users with
problems can search them and maybe learn from them.  If key information
is in an attached file then it's often not available a few months later,
so they can't see what the problem was.

You also completely ignored the request to remove the comments from your
server.xml.  Details are important.

Create a backup of the server.xml file and then edit out all of the
comments.  You might find it easier to spot what's wrong with the HTTP
Connector.

> on 8089 ajp connector is defined in xml but i dont know anything about
> ajp connector
>
> and HTTp is configured on 8081
> when i hit http://localhost:8081 <http://localhost:8081/> i get http 400

See above.

> and when i hit  http://localhost:8089 <http://localhost:8089/> i get
> exception in tomcat console

That's because 'hitting' 8089 won't send a properly formatted AJP
message to the connector.