Hi Eric.

Would making your servlet reload all application vars not be akin to simply
reloading your servlet altogether, by changing context/init params in your
web.xml or context.xml?

If you really want to avoid an application reload, why not just have your
app read its values from a properties config file instead of a DB? It would
be much more lightweight and standard.

Shay