> From: Dola Woolfe [mailto:dolac...@yahoo.com]
> Subject: Re: How to make a webapp restart
>
> Whenever I recompile a library under tomcat/lib, I also
> "touch" an "empty" .jar file under WEB-INF/lib.
>
> That seems to work

What do you mean by "work"?  That will typically reload the webapp (assuming a
default Tomcat configuration), but your new jar in Tomcat's lib directory is
completely independent of that.

> but a <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> servlet
> does not fire again.

How do you know it "does not fire again"?  (Better to use precise terminology;
do you mean the init() method is not called?)

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.