On 30/06/2010 16:20, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: Chris Rafferty [mailto:chris.raffe...@sidonis.com]
Subject: RE: FormAuthenticator exception with non-latin (UTF8) user
name

I changed the manager application's web.xml to use FORM
based authentication, added the valve to its context.xml

You really should not be explicitly adding the<Valve>; Tomcat will include the
proper valve as required by the security specifications in the webapp's
WEB-INF/web.xml file.

You do need to add the valve if you want to change any of the default settings. Whilst the request body *should* be in UTF-8 if the login form is written correctly, I believe there are issues with some browsers not following the spec and failing to declare the character encoding being used.

Mark