On 01/07/2010 23:31, Bill Davidson wrote:
On 6/9/2010 2:15 AM, Altanis Alexandros wrote:
 >I have been reading about the new Tomcat DBCP in a couple of blogs
 >lately, as I am interested in Connection Pooling for an application I am
 >working on. Here they are:
 >
 >http://vigilbose.blogspot.com/2009/03/apache-commons-dbcp-and-tomcat-jdbc.html

>http://www.tomcatexpert.com/blog/2010/04/01/configuring-jdbc-pool-high-concurrency
 >http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/jdbc-pool/jdbc-pool.html

(I'm a little behind on the list, and trying to catch up)

Interesting. I was not aware of this other connection pool for Tomcat.
I'd be very interested in finding something faster than DBCP, which I
have found disappointing (I've got a lot of concurrency going on my
servers).

Based upon those links, it appears that you have to get the SpringSource
tc server to get the pool? Is this is a SpringSource commercial (not free)
product? That would explain why I don't see any mention of it in the
regular Tomcat docs.

As near as I can figure, it isn't part of the Apache Foundation site. That
last link makes it look like it's part of Tomcat 7, but from what I can
tell,
it is not.

If it is available free, then what is the appropriate method of getting
it? If
we don't want to buy SpringSource tc, do we need to check it out from
SVN and build it? I can't find a normal home page for it.

It is an unreleased module in trunk. You have to build it from source.

Mark