Christopher Schultz wrote:

David,

On 7/2/2010 10:04 AM, David kerber wrote:
On 7/2/2010 9:23 AM, Pid wrote:

Silly question, have you got the jars for that taglib in:

ROOT/WEB-INF/lib?

Not silly at all.  I was thinking they'd pick up what they need from the
ginp webapp, but I've never done this kind of cross-context calling
before.  I'll try that.

Tomcat isn't going to load taglibs from another context, so you'd better
deploy the taglib JAR in both contexts. Once you do that, use the
correct taglib URI to reference it. Presumably "/ginp" isn't correct.
It's probably something like "http://www.ginp.com/taglibs/v1"; or
something like that.
Yep, that's basically what's going on: /ginp is the root of the ginp context on my web site, and my ROOT context won't reach across the context boundaries. Unfortunately, the ginp project is written to be build into a standalone .war file rather than a library .jar and a set of front-end classes, and I'm having to do a bit of futzing around to get the bits I need to work in my ROOT context, but I'm getting there. It would require a major refactoring to get the http pieces of ginp separated out from the parts that could be in a library .jar file, and I'm not ready to tackle that right now. So I'm looking at some kind of deployment script to copy the .tld and other config files I need into the correct spots in my ROOT context.