On 06/07/2010 11:34, Yevgen Krapiva wrote:
> I've tried today the latest driver available - 5.1.13.
> I've places the driver to %CATALINA_HOME%/lib.
>
> I also tried to move it to WEB-INF\lib, but it is appeared that Tomcat
> (I'm using 6.0.26) doesn't see
> it when trying to create connection from a DataSource. He says
> ClassNotFoundException.

You'll need to define the DataSource (and anything else that depends on
it, like a Realm*) in myapp/META-INF/context.xml if you place the driver
jar in WEB-INF/lib.  Global resources defined in server.xml can't use
jars located in a web app ClassLoader.

> I don't know why but when I test it using Class.forName() - it exists.
> I think Tomcat doesn't use servlet classloader.
>
> So, returning to the problem , I think the problem is with
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.EvictionTimer class, because
> it is actually throws exception.

It is indeed.  I was looking at a similar problem in the MySQL driver
and completely failed to read the stacktrace properly, my apologies.

The o.a.tomcat.dbcp classes are a repackaged version of commons-dbcp &
commons-pool so we'll have to look in the source there.

 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/dbcp/
 http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/

And:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/pool/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/pool/impl/EvictionTimer.java

So, is your application the only application running on the server?

* DataSourceRealms defined with DataSources in the Context definition
need localDataSource=true setting as per:

 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/realm.html