The usual way to specify the favicon is by putting it at the root of
the web site, e.g. http://www.example.com/favicon.ico. On the server,
this file is usually found in [Tomcat dir]/webapps/ROOT/favicon.ico -
change that file to whatever icon you want.

There are some other ways to specify the favicon, but I don't know if
they're supported by all browsers.