Mark Thomas wrote:
On 07/07/2010 15:35, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Subject: Re: tomcat /manager not working

I am not going to play with /undeploy just to further verify my theory, but does that look like I broke something ?
No, it looks like it's working.  Things must have changed since the last time I
tried playing with the mappings (several years ago).

Were you testing with 7.0.x?

So far (with 6.0.x from svn):
/manager
  - Images broken
  - Clicking on list returns unknown command
  - Ditto start/stop etc
  - Status is ok (as expected)

With 7.0.x you will have more success because we have changed the mappings.

With 6.0.x the HTML interface will be totally broken.

I suspect the same with 5.5.x

With this :

C:\Tomcat5.5\bin>version.bat
Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Tomcat5.5
Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Tomcat5.5
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Tomcat5.5\temp
Using JRE_HOME:        C:\Java6jdk
Using CLASSPATH:       C:\Tomcat5.5\bin\bootstrap.jar
Server version: Apache Tomcat/5.5.26
Server built:   Jan 28 2008 01:35:23
Server number:  5.5.26.0
OS Name:        Windows XP
OS Version:     5.1
Architecture:   x86
JVM Version:    1.6.0_06-b02
JVM Vendor:     Sun Microsystems Inc.
C:\Tomcat5.5\bin>

.. which is the version that the OP was using, more or less.
So, what did you break in 6.0 and 7.0 ?
:-)