Hello
  I'm facing a problem with which i need some help:

I'm using JBOSS which internally uses Tomcat.
When i send a request to a servlet running inside tomcat with a parameter that
is encoded in UTF-8, the parameter's value shows up as ????.
I tried several things like adding URIEncoding=”UTF-8” and
useBodyEncodingForURI="true" in the server.xml and writing a filter that sets
the encoding to UTF-8 specifically but to no avail.

The only thing that seems to work is if i replace the % in the hex value of the
UTF encoded string by %25

Any clues on this problem? What do i have to do to be able to pass hex values
of UTF-8 encoded strings that represent characters of foreign languages (like
say Chines/Japanese) to my servlet so it is read correctly? Is there some
specified way to read it?

Thanks and regards
Arun