> From: Mehrotra, Anurag [mailto:amehro...@telebright.com]
> Subject: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space
>
> Off lately I have been running into PermGenSpace Out
> of memory errors.

Are you reloading any webapps?  Have you looked inside the heap to see what
classes are consuming the PermGen space?  Have you read the FAQ entry on the
subject?

http://wiki.apache.org/tomcat/FAQ/Memory

> -XX:NewSize=512m -XX:MaxNewSize=512m

I'd remove the above two settings, just on general principles.  No point in
tying one hand of the garbage collector behind its back.

You might want to add -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError so you can look at it
with jhat or similar tools.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E17409_01/javase/6/docs/technotes/tools/share/jhat.html

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.