2010/7/23 Andy Bell <andy.photos.b...@googlemail.com>:

> I am trying to debug Java code in the webapp Ihave deployed to Tomcat
> and I have added this line:
>
> -Xdebug -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n
>
> to the Java Options in the Tomcat 6 Properties Java Options. I've
> added it as the first line in the Java Options list.

I think you need to break the line up into two, using only one option per line:

-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=n

It's often easier to debug Tomcat by using the scripts rather than trying to
run it as a service.  If the .bat scripts aren't in your Tomcat's bin
directory, you can find them in the .zip download.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.