On 30/07/2010 21:35, Tena Sakai wrote:
Hi,

I am using tomcat 6.0.14 on a Redhat linux.
I would like to get SSL working on this server and I am trying to digest SSL
Configuration HOW-TO document (
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/ssl-howto.html).  In the section “Edit
the Tomcat Configuration File” it says: If the installation uses APR...then...

How can I tell if my tomcat is using APR or it is using JSSE?  Is it possible
it is not using either?

Look at the logs for the connector protocol on start up

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol = BIO    => JSSE
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol = NIO => JSSE
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol = APR/native => APR/native

You can also work it out from looking at the config in server.xml although the auto switch between BIO & APR/native (see the docs) does complicate matters.

Mark