On 31/07/2010 13:58, Oscar Segarra Rey wrote:
Hi,

We are developing a web application wich uses session listeners and such kind
of stuff in order to control which users are loged in every time.

Nevertheless we have experienced a developement problem due to the session ID
changes when one node goes down.

30/07/2010 13:08:27 org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve
changeSessionID
FINE: Changed session from [18434EBFCF3D1009BBEEE5C02D370BCF.workerW37] to
[18434EBFCF3D1009BBEEE5C02D370BCF.workerW38]

The jvmRoute part of the session ID is required for sticky sessions to work. If a node goes down, the session fails over to another node and hence the jvmRoute has to change.

I think session ID should not change its ID or should be a way to avoid this
rename processs.

Is there any workarround or change this behaviour ?

1. Don't code your application assuming the session ID is constant
2. Don't use sticky sessions
3. Add a listener to handle the change in session ID

Mark