> From: T. Gau [mailto:t...@normad.de]
> Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 does not respond or freeze after startup
>
> as I understand the netstat output the mentioned PID's are the client
> ports instead.

You are correct, André misread the output.

> What seems conspiciuous is that the home page from
> http://localhost:8080
> is loaded but the images to the apache foundation and the powered
> by are missing and the browser is showing as still loading.

This still sounds like either a firewall is blocking traffic, or some kind of
virus scanner is getting in the way on file accesses, or the account Tomcat is
running under can't access the resources.

How did you install Tomcat, and how are you running it?  I'd suggest running it
from scripts rather than as a service until you get things sorted.

> After the freeze of Tomcat the Firefox browser shows the

There's no evidence that Tomcat is actually freezing, since you continue to see
activity via VisualVM.  It still appears that something external to Tomcat is
preventing access.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.