Are you sure it's Tomcat doing the caching?  I've found that both Firefox
and IE will cache CGI, JSP, servlet, and other dynamic results.  This has
been true going back to when the old Mozilla 1.x had a preference for
*never* caching.

For GET calls were the results underlying content might change and the
browser not see it, I've taken to adding a bozo param just so the URL is
different:  myServlet+"?..."+"&bozo=" + System.currentTimeMillis()