Hi

>> Have you really traced the browser -> server side to see if the duplicate
>> POST request

As I have already said by using the TCP Thread dump using command
  "tcpdump -i bond0 -s 1500 -w / tmp / test.pcap "

We are clearly able to see the IP Address of Apache written 2 times  POST for
the JBOSS ( Tomcat built in) being called with in 12 seconds apart.

We also made sure there is no traffic /users using the web application during
the tcp dump taken.

>> Are they really the same, from the same client, with the same content

For simple test case we used 1 simple transaction Page  to do the activity
For insertion, but the since 2 request to web server ,we see 2 rows inserted in
DB

This has happened in spite of blocking multiple button clicks on jsp page using
jscript filter.

>> claim that Apache or mod_jk or Tomcat duplicates a POST

My Observation as per TCP dump command, we clearly see multiple request being
sent from Apache to web server.

With regards
KArthik