From: André Warnier [mailto:a...@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 6:30 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 6.0.18/ IIS 6.0 /SSL

Hansel, Jason T CTR SPAWARSYSCEN-ATLANTIC, 55E00 wrote:
> Chuck,
> I was able to get everything working on my end. There is a
> *significant* performance decrease when running my application through
> IIS and Tomcat using the isapi_redirect.dll, as opposed to port 8080.

No way to know what you mean by significant, but from the tone of it I guess
you mean "humanly perceptible".  In that case, it is not "normal".  The
overhead introduced by isapi_redirect itself may be in the order of the
millisecond.

Are you sure that the extra delay is not due to something happening in IIS,
like the user authentication e.g. ?