Hi,

I have an active-passive configuration of tomcat 6.0.18 running an ebxml based
B2B gateway solution. The server is configured to run on port 8443 with a with
a Cisco loadbalancer in front configured to NAT request received over 443 port
(only to one active host at a time). Every thing works as expected for couple
of hours but after that we start receiving failures, the only thing I can
figure out from jmxproxy (manager application) is an additional virtual host
directive being added containing load balancer IP/Port details, below is the
jmx output for before and after failure in requests occurs. I need to
understand why tomcat suddenly start adding the virtual host directive and do I
have any option to solve it. Thanks for your help.

Request under normal query
Name: Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-8443,name=HttpRequest49
modelerType: org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean
requestProcessingTime: 0
bytesSent: 122002
rpName: Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-8443,name=HttpRequest49
processingTime: 2500
errorCount: 0
maxTime: 309
requestBytesReceived: 0
maxRequestUri: /msh/
stage: 7
lastRequestProcessingTime: 309
globalProcessor:
org.apache.coyote.requestgroupi...@184b3b<mailto:org.apache.coyote.requestgroupi...@184b3b>
serverPort: -1
bytesReceived: 89744
requestCount: 24
requestBytesSent: 0
contentLength: -1
remoteAddr: 200.200.200.200

Request when failure occurs
Name: Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-8443,name=HttpRequest15
modelerType: org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean
requestProcessingTime: 938083
bytesSent: 199895
protocol: HTTP/1.1
rpName: Catalina:type=RequestProcessor,worker=http-8443,name=HttpRequest15
processingTime: 9971
errorCount: 0
maxTime: 1109
requestBytesReceived: 9390
maxRequestUri: /msh/
stage: 3
lastRequestProcessingTime: 222
globalProcessor:
org.apache.coyote.requestgroupi...@184b3b<mailto:org.apache.coyote.requestgroupi...@184b3b>
virtualHost: 80.80.80.80 (this is the load balancer ip and port)
serverPort: 443
bytesReceived: 241521
currentUri: /msh/
workerThreadName: http-8443-32