Hello,

I’m using Tomcat 6.0.29. Tomcat manager application is enabled. Version of
installed Java is 1.6 update 18. Operating systems used to test this are
Windows 7 and Ubuntu 9.1.

There is one Spring web application that is deployed on Tomcat.  Deployed
application have some threads that are running in background.

Then try to un-deploy application by using Tomcat Manager. Application WAR
file and folder where WAR file is unpacked are removed, but I get this error
in logs:

*Aug 12, 2010 2:35:23 PM org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearReferencesThreads
SEVERE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named
[scheduler_Worker-6] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to
create a memory leak.*

When I try to deploy new version of application (also by using Tomcat
Manager)  I get the “Out of memory” exception.

I try to change definition of following listener:

*<Listener
className="org.apache.catalina.core.JreMemoryLeakPreventionListener"
gcDaemonProtection="false" />*

And I also try to add following parameters in context.xml:
*
<Context antiJARLocking="true" antiResourceLocking="true">
*
Can I configure Tomcat to kill all treads when application is undeployed?

Thanks in advance.

Ivan