On 18.08.2010 22:45, Igor Galić wrote:

org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm.getUserByPattern(JNDIRealm.java:1269)
This means, that you specified userPattern='...' in your realm
configuration. And you since your pattern looks like
'(uid={0})(...)' it is probably wrong. You have specified
userSearch='uid={0}', too. So I believe you want to read the fine
documentation
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/realm.html
especially about JNDIRealm and settle using userSearch.

Great! That fixed it, and it now works! Thank you very much, Felix.

I would very much like to document this. I am thus asking you for permission
to use, host, reference or whatever is your liking, the code you have
provided.

Igor: It would be nice if you could add it to the Tomcat Wiki.

Felix: would you like to contribute your code? I didn't read it in detail but I guess it is very generic and would be a nice addon to the standard JNDIRealm?

Regards,

Rainer