On 22/08/2010 16:29, Wesley Acheson wrote:
> Sorry for bring this off list. I'll put it back on list if you think that
> appropriate.
>
> You think that the context is the correct place to put this? I thought maybe
> web.xml but I don't know if you can extend that or if its rigidly covered by
> the spec.

web.xml is defined by the spec. You can't touch it.

> I started to do this on the connector is that incorrect?

The configuration needs to be per context. Look at the sessionCookieName
attribute as an example.

For the place to actually diable it, look in the
o.a.c.connector.Response.isEncodeable() method. If you look in the TC7
code, you'll see how the Servlet 3.0 stuff was implemented.

> How would one submit a patch? Sorry I've never done this for any project. Do
> I just attach the changed source files to bugzilla? or do I need to do a
> diff and create a patch file.

Patch please, in diff -u format. Bugzilla is the right place.

> I'm on windows so I've never used patch and I
> am unsure how to create one. (unix patch file)

I use TortoiseSVN and Eclipse on Windows. Both these tools generate
suitable patch files.

Mark