On 27.08.2010 21:58, Wesley Acheson wrote:
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Pid<p...@pidster.com>  wrote:
On 27/08/2010 18:51, Wesley Acheson wrote:
I think the reason for doing this in ruby is that ruby is single
threaded, I've been told. The JVM isn't.

I'm raising an eyebrow.

Huh?

Adding unqualified rumors: Ruby is not single-threaded, but the Rails framework has a huge lock that effectively make the biggest part of request handling serialized. Usually Ruby webapps are based on Rails. So yes, Ruby on Rails needs multiple server processes in parallel to effectively scale. That might be an outdated rumor though.

Regards,

Rainer