Alexandre,

On 8/30/2010 10:49 PM, Alexandre Chapellon wrote:
> [Considering] the fair analysis of Charles, we decided to move applications
> to Poolable connection factory

Excellent.

> To do so I created a factory iun server.xml as follow:
>
> <Resource name="jdbc/crm" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>

I just realized that you're using Tomcat 4.1. Any possibility of moving
up to Tomcat 6.0? I've recently moved several webapps from 4.1 up to 6.0
with very little headache. You'll get the benefit of security and
stability updates, as well as performance improvements in the new version.

>         <ResourceParams name="jdbc/crm">
>                 <parameter>
>                         <name>url</name>
>          <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@1.2.3.4:1521:SID</value>

Double-check that this driver URL is correct. If you copied it from your
old configuration, it's probably fine.

>                 <parameter>
>                         <name>factory</name>
>
> <value>org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSourceFactory</value>
>                 </parameter>

This parameter should not be necessary. Once you have things working,
try removing this parameter. If things are still working fine, then
leave this out of your configuration.

> When trying to connect to the application. Login succeed but I get the
> following errors in catalina.out:
>
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.SQLNestedException: Cannot create
> PoolableConnectionFactory (invalid argument in call)

Can you post the code that fetches a connection from the pool?

> Did i miss something in xml definitions or is it a problem with the way
> the app uses the connection Pool?

My guess is the location of the driver .jar file. The file oracle.jar
(or whatever it is called) should /only/ be in the server's server/lib
directory, and /not/ in the webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory. If you have
the driver .jar in both places (or only in WEB-INF/lib), you'll get
errors like this.