Hi,

We have a web application deployed on Tomcat server and is working pretty fine,
except in one mode. The web application is available through 2 modes of links -
one is regular without load balacer and other is Single Sign On based through
load balancer. The normal mode works fine with one start after new war
deployment. However SSO link through load balancer does not work fine. When
stooped and started again, it works just fine.

Here is the sample directory structure:
Tomcat
                webapps
                                MyApp
                                                WEB-INF
                                                                web.xml
                                                                jsp

myapp.jsp
                                MyApp.war
                bin
                logs
                conf
                                web.xml

Deployment Procedure:
Stop the server
Copy the new war to webapps replacing the old one
remove the complete diretcory of MyApp recursively (rm -rf MyApp)
start the server

Issue:
We try both the links of application. The normal one works just fine first time
itself. The SSO link shows up the directory listings page of webapps directory
showing the MyApp.war and MyApp directory link.
Now all we need to workaround this is just stop the server again and then start
it. Surprisingly both SSO mode link and normal works totally fine.
This is recurring problem. Is there a proper permanent fix to this?

Please note the web.xml in Tomcat/conf directory has below
<servlet>
<servlet-name>default</servlet-name>
<init-param>
<param-name>listings</param-name>
<param-value>true</param-value>
</init-param>
</servlet>
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Please note the web.xml in Tomcat/webapps/MyApp/WEB-INF directory has below
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>myapp.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

The application has only myapp.jsp and none of index.* files

myapp.jsp is as below

Somehow first time when new war is deployed, old exploded directory is deleted
and server is started, the Tomcat might not be finding xcard.jsp or the
application specific web.xml and hence it is listings the directory based on
settings in Tomcat/conf/web.xml.  No exceptions in log file.
Second time however it finds the web.xml and xcard.jsp and hence works.

We even tried changing deployment procedure not to delete the exploded
directory and rest of steps same. But it does not help either. If we drop the
new war while the server is running, it does not take the changes in new war.

~Sunil