On 09/09/2010 10:17, sasidhar prabhakar wrote:
> tomcat - 6
> oracle 11g
> centos 5
> jdbc type 4

That information isn't close to complete and is pretty much useless.
When asked for a version number, please provide the *full* version number.

You also missed out the JDBC driver version.

This is a community of users, not a commercial support portal. The level
of help you receive is directly proportional to the effort you are
prepared to put in to help yourself. Each member of this community has
their own tolerance levels for when they will just start ignoring
questions from people who don't appear to be prepared to put some effort
into solving their own problem. You are getting close to mine.

> the thread dump some of threads are
>
> "http-80-262" daemon prio=1 tid=0x73048fd8 nid=0x268a waiting for monitor
> entry [0x6f975000..0x6f9760b0]
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:294)
>     - waiting to lock <0x87287c00> (a
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(GenericObjectPool.java:974)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool.borrowObject(AbandonedObjectPool.java:84)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:96)
>     at
> org.apache.tomcat.dbcp.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:880)
>     at com.common.dao.LoginDAO.login(LoginDAO.java:87)
>      at com.common.bo.LoginBO.login(LoginBO.java:28)
>     at com.common.actionform.LoginForm.validate(LoginForm.java:54)
>     at
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processValidate(RequestProcessor.java:945)

That isn't the question I asked. What are the threads that already have
a connection doing. And whilst you are at it:
- how many threads appear to be using a connection?
- how many threads appear to be waiting for a connection?

Mark