I realized the problem indirectly as I wrote this e-mail; thanks for your
quick response also.

I went to my httpd.conf for Apache, found the VirtualHost entry to my
Servlet, to find that my application was not "automagically" listed under
JkMount.

I manually added it, and voila it works.

Can you answer me this however... for every WAR I want to install, I must
manually add it to the httpd.conf virtual hosts entry? The automatic
deployment script in Tomcat can't do it for me?

Thanks.

Carlo