Hi Wesley,

That is interesting. I think I need to study that subject...
Oh, regarding people not accepting cookies: Struts then mantains a
jsessionid in the URL.

> Are you encoding the urls for sessions too? Where's the bean being set in
an
> Interceptor, in a filter, on an earlier page in the session?  Is it
possible that
> you've missed a route to the pages which should always have this bean?

I use Struts. All my URLs are actions (.do). So for all of them, a java code
is executed, whish creates the bean and stores it in the session.

> Is it possible that people are directly navigating to the page that throws
the
> error (say via a bookmark, or got a cached search engine result)?

I already considered that in my programming, years ago. If they do, it doesn
matter. The actions still execute given that they access a ".do" and not a
".jsp", and the bean gets created immediately before, before the JSP is sent
to the response. And if other beans that should be present (because they
should have been created, if they followed a regular path of actions in my
site) are not present, the client is redirected to the home page.
That certainly happens a lot, given that my site gets thousands of request
from the crawlers such as GoogleBot! And they do whatever they want,
certainly.

> My advise would be (assuming you have an access log enabled that contains
> the session id). Look at the access log. Try to figure out the route the
person
> took through your site. How long between page views? Was there some
> detail that they entered in the bean which was unserialiasble etc.

GOOD IDEA! I will do it!