There's a backgroundProcessor method in tomcat that checks whether
container classes need to be reloaded, and checks for session
expirations. Is it possible to disable this method, like you can disable
class reloading for the context with reloadable="false"? I'm using
tomcat 6.0.18 on an IBM i (OS400)  version V6R1. When daylight savings
time hits, our application gets reloaded, and the following statements
are in catalina.out:

Mar 14, 2010 3:00:08 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext reload

INFO: Reloading this Context has started

We have been able to stop the application from reloading on a different
version of the IBM i, version V7R1, by using reloadable="false". However
on the V6R1 O/S the application still reloads because the background
processor detects a timestamp change when DST occurs.

>From the documentation, it doesn't look like backgroundProcessorDelay
can be used to suppress backgroundProcess, just to delay it as its name
implies.

We would gladly upgrade tomcat to a more recent version if we thought
this issue had been resolved, but I don't see any mention of it in the
change logs.

- Jane