> From: Keith Masten [mailto:spmdt...@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Securing A Directory Listing

> when I attempt to access the application with the
> fictitious 'bob' user account, the standard login
> dialog is presented to me over and over.

Is your webapp discarding the session object?  If so, stop that.

Does your client disable cookies?  If so, you'll need to use
HttpServletResponse.encodeURL() to pass the session id as a parameter on the
URL.

Use Wireshark or a browser plug-in to see the real traffic being passed back
and forth.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.